Does your family enjoy radio dramas? Heirloom Audio Productions has produced another quality radio drama called The Cat of Bubastes and we have had the pleasure of reviewing this production! We listened to this production in the car as we were traveling to appointments.
Heirloom Audio Productions graciously sent us The Cat of Bubastes 2 disc CD Audio Drama and the following downloadable extras: The Cat of Bubastes MP3 Set, The Cat of Bubastes eStudy guide, MP3 Soundtrack of The Cat of Bubastes, The Cat of Bubastes E-Book, Printable Inspirational Bible Verse, Printable Cast Poster, Unlimited access to the Live The Adventure Letter E-Newsletter and the Behind the scenes of The Cat of Bubastes Documentary.
Heirloom Audio Productions brings The Cat of Bubastes to life with a great cast, wonderful musical score and great sound effects. The entire 2 hour audio theater adventure is for ages 6 to adult.
Cast Members include:
- Brian Blessed (Star Wars, Tarzan, Robin Hood)
- Russell Boulter (Ben Hur)
- Elizabeth Counsell (The Chronicles of Narnia)
- Anthony Daniels (Star Wars)
- Sylvester McCoy (Dr. Who, The Hobbit)
- John Rhys-Davies (The Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones)
In The Cat of Bubastes, Amuba, a prince, and his protector Jethro, are captured and sold to a family in Ancient Egypt. Join them through adventures, trials, and discovering the truth about their gods. I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to spoil it!
While only 47 pages, the Study Guide is packed full with questions & information! There are many questions to answer, words to define, ways to expand learning, and a Bible study! There are three sections (Listening Well, Thinking Further, and Defining Words) to each page of the study guide for The Cat of Bubastes and some pages have an additional section for expanding learning about the Egyptian culture, animals, and more. The pages correspond to the tracks on the disc and also include the information about which disc they are on, the track number, and the time location. In Listening Well the questions require one to two sentence responses where as the Thinking Further questions require much more in depth answers. The Defining Words are a list of vocabulary words. Since the study guide is done in a color PDF file you have the choice of either printing or reading directly from a computer or mobile device. The Study Guide also provides the historical background for The Cat of Bubastes and a list of additional books so you can learn more about Ancient Egypt.
I have personally enjoyed listening to The Cat of Bubastes. This review had perfect timing for our family. We are studying Ancient Egypt in History and The Cat of Bubastes has been a wonderful addition to the audio dramas that we own and a great piece to start off our studies with! As we are beginning our history lessons through Ancient Egypt, I have the kids listening to The Cat of Bubastes again and making connections between the two. I appreciate how the study guide is organized! It makes it great for a family (or a class) to listen to short segments of the audio drama at a time and have questions readily available to answer and discuss together. Please check out The Cat of Bubastes and other Heirloom Audio Productions Audio Dramas. We also have had the pleasure of reviewing The Dragon and the Raven and Beric the Briton by Heirloom Audio Productions! You will be pleased with the quality of all of the productions!
There are a few different options when purchasing The Cat of Bubastes…
- There is a Family Four Pack for just $99.97 plus shipping and handling. The Family Four Pack includes 4 copies The Cat of Bubastes along with all of the other special downloads mentioned earlier in my review.
- The 2 CD set is available for just $29.97 plus shipping and handling. Included with the 2 CD set is the eStudy Guide, the downloadable inspirational Bible verse poster, and The Cat of Bubastes Soundtrack MP3 download.
- A MP3 download version of The Cat of Bubastes is available for $19.97. Also included with the MP3 of The Cat of Bubastes is the eStudy guide and a downloadable inspirational Bible Verse poster.
Social Media Links: