Our new tradition is still a big hit with our kids and they make sure we open another book every night. I spoke about our new tradition in a prior post. We opened our 11th and 12th books tonight. We didn’t have the opportunity to open a book together last night due to our schedules. The kids didn’t seem to mind opening up two books tonight instead.
Here is the full list of the books we have opened so far:
- A Star So Bright: A Christmas Tale by M. Christina Butler
- Adam and Eve in the Garden (Adán y Eva en el jardín) by Zondervan
- The Story of Jesus for Young Children retold by Heather Amery
- The Drummer Boy by Ted Dekker
- The Berenstain Bears’ Old-Fashioned Christmas by Jan & Mike Berenstain
- Lift-and-Learn Old Testament Stories by Allia Zobel Nolan
- David and the Giant (David y el gigante) by Zondervan
- Queen Esther Helps God’s People (La reina Ester ayuda al pueblo de Dios) by Zondervan
- Daniel and the Lions (Daniel y los leones) by Zondervan
- Jesus and His Friends (Jesús y sus amigos) by Zondervan
- A Child is Born from the Gospel According to St. Luke*
- The Florida Gators Night Before Christmas by V.J. Jackson**
*Note: I just wanted to mention that I did NOT pay $67.99 + $4.99 shipping on Amazon for ‘A Child is Born from the Gospel According to St. Luke’. I bought it for $3.97 at Books-A-Million in their bargain section. At the time I am writing this post I could not find a listing on http://www.bamm.com or a cheaper price on Amazon.
**Note: The Florida Gators Night Before Christmas is the only book of all of the books wrapped that is not from the Bible and I didn’t realize the book got wrapped until it was opened this evening. My kids know that we don’t do Santa and Santa Claus doesn’t exist. The book talks about Santa pulling a sleigh with alligators (named after coaches and players) bringing sports memorabilia to someone on campus. This book is also a exclusive to Books-A-Million and is not listed on their website. I found it in the Christmas section of their store.
All links in this post are not affiliate links. I am just sharing links of places where you can purchase these books.
What traditions do you do in your house? Have you started any new traditions? I would love to hear the favorite traditions in your house!
Have a Blessed Day!